Watch entire Pelling trip in YouTube , 4 minutes video, and plan beforehand, the spots you will add in your sightseeing list. To watch video, click Pelling – Total Trip
* From New Jalpaiguri or Silliguri , you have to take a car or bus ride. If you are a large group of 8 or 10 or more, then getting a car is not a problem, because Rs 4000 per trip can be conveniently divided per head. But if you are just two or three, better take Sikkim Nationalized Transport Bus service from Silliguri. Don’t fall into agent’s trap of package sightseeing offers at NJP or Silliguri. They include ride from NJP to PELLING at exceptionaly low price just to tempt you. S.N.T BUS SERVICE FROM Silliguri chart is given below.
* If you have to go from NJP to Silliguri, take local autos , after leaving station area. Autos and rickshaws parked near rail station ask for exorbitant fares.
* SNT BUSES doesn’t give much halts during the 5 to 6 hours ride. So have your lunch and freshen up at SNT Canteen and Toilet before boarding bus.
* There are no medicine shops in proper PELLING. Locals get o.t.c drugs from ration shop or go to Geyshing if they need medicine or doctor. Hence do carry your medicine box with you.
* Except S.B.I bank and single ATM point, no other banks or A.T.Ms are there in PELLING till date. S.b.I ATM is not always very dependable.
* If you are a small family, of two or three, then for sightseeing, you may have to book an entire car, instead of going On-Share rides. Small cars arranged for 8 to 9 hrs sightseeing arranged by hotel costs a minimum of Rs 3500. Monastery, Rimbi falls and River, Kanchenjunga falls, 2nd highest bridge of Asia are usually included in the package.
* Tickets have to bought separately for visit to Khechiopari Lake, Highest bridge, Rimbi River and Kanchenjunga falls.
* Frequent power cuts are a common feature of PELLING.
* FROM PELLING TO GANGTOK OR SILLIGURI, EITHER YOU BOOK AN ENTIRE CAR WHICH IS COSTLY OR YOU BOOK A SEAT IN SHARE CAR WHICH LEAVES AT 7 AM DAILY. IT IS JUST ONE CAR , SO BOOK IN ADVANCE. ON SHARE COST IS Rs 300 per head. Rs 50 extra per head if your hotel arranges the booking.
* Sikkim roads are terrible. So from PELLING to Gangtok, prepare yourself for a 5 hours bumpy, jerky, risky ride.