* No traffic order is visible ..
* Entire traffic situation is chaotic.
* Markets are very crowded.
* Some Auto drivers and rickshaw drivers are dishonest when it comes to showing all points to tourists.
* If your arrival or departure route is via U.P , BIHAR, then reserve AC coach Train tickets, because in reserved 2nd class sleepers, unreserved passengers board and make your journey very inconvenient !
* Enquire before journey, if all tourist spots are open for visitors during your stay there. In Lucknow , some tourists spots may be closed due to maintainance.
* Keep in mind Muslim calendar holidays and festivals. Roads may be diverted or closed during some days.
* There are some total Hindu areas in Lucknow where all restaurants serve only veg foods.
* Some lady tourists may find some locals staring at them, as if they are seeing women for the first time. Take it in your stride.
* Famous Bhoolbhoolaia is to be seen in bare feets which can be difficult for some since floor is uneven and made of stone.
* If you want to try delicacies of Lucknow like Gilauti kabaabs, Biryani, Gulabi Reuri and Sandila Laddu then don’t depend on local guides or car driver to take you there. They may take you to substandard restaurants for a commission. Use Google Search and Navigation to go to famous restaurants selling these for ages. Gulabi Reuri and other sweetmeats you can buy at a reasonable price within 2 km radius of Charbagh Rail Station.
* If you have a strong religious bend of mind, if you are a devotee then Dev bhoomi Haridwar is where you will be happy. If you are not, this place will seem boring.
* Temples are in abundance here. Visiting all is humanly impossible !
* Here even roadside eating joints prepare foods with pure ghee. Clarified butter is not always easy to digest.
* You can book seats in luxury bus for sight seeing from Haridwar to Rishikesh, Laxman Jhoola , Dehradun, Missouri, etc. Fare is quite cheap.
* Ram Jhoola, Laxman Jhoola are now concrete structures which has robbed them off the charm. Two wheelers ply on them, making it difficult to stand on the bridge and appreciate the scenery.
* There is no natural beauty left in Haridwar or journey from Haridwar to Rishikesh. Just hotels, temples, restaurants.
* Make sure you are visiting the place in winter, because summer is just unbearable.
* Har-ki-paudi ghat is not visually pleasing, but Ganga Aarti is.
* Without inclination of hurting any religious sentiments or believer’s feelings, I will just add that as per media report, it has been scientifically revealed : the holy water of Ganges flowing by Har Ki Paudi ghat contains various germs and Super Bug , so one should be cautious while taking a holy deep.
* Haridwar is a strictly vegetarian city. Rice served here is of very good quality.
* You should not wear dresses here that are revealing in nature, keeping in mind the conservative sentiment that prevails here.
* Rice is of very substandard quality here, served in hotels and eating joints.
* Foods are excessively priced at proper Chandipur.
* Tourists have to get off from train at Balasore and take an auto to Chandipur. They are advised to ask the same auto to pick them up for station when leaving Chandipur On Sea.
* Lodging is available in OTDC Panthasala but there are few other hotels near by offering rooms at cheaper prices. Do check.
This is the post excerpt.
This travel blog has been created exclusively for Budget Travellers who prefer to travel with their family or friends and dislike going on Agent conducted Package Tours. This blog will only inform travellers about problems they may face in various places. There are hundreds of websites painting a rosy picture about places with beautiful photos but seldom anyone mentions the problems of a place which tourists need to know. – blogger S.Gupta , WhatsApp/Call : 9674290833