* You have to take a car or auto from Berhampur station to reach Gopalpur On Sea. Don’t be fooled by touts at station area. Leave the area with luggage, walk a few yards to get your own auto.
* Beach is very dirty at places, locals relieve themselves at secluded spots.
* The landmark site , ruin of East India Company trading area beside beach, during British colonisation in India, has become a open for all latrine.
* Make sure the Light House is open for tourists. It may remain closed for security reasons.
* Hotels right on beach, offer you sea view but in-room facilities are not much.
* Go for separate ordering of dishes for lunch or dinner in your hotel rather than going for Day Meal Packages.
* From G.O.S , you can go for sightseeing by car, but packages are overpriced. Do some hard bargaining.
* Insist on being served with total bill for all foods taken throughout the day in hotel, at the end of every day. This way, you can be clear of expenses incurred daily and one thing off your head.
* There are shops beside the road parallel to the beach, selling local crafts, but too pricey.
* Cooking standard is not at all up to the mark.
* Here electric supply is terrible.
* Hotels have a tendency not to switch on generator during power cut, if number of boarders are few. Demand refund if this is the case with you.
* My experience in Orissa belt is that most are dishonest and try to take advantage of tourist’s ignorance.